Telemarketing is a tough job. It’s not the first time we’ve stated it and it certainly won’t be the last. There’s a lot to be said about Canadians who make their livings on the phone. They’re required to have a lot of patience, a lot of confidence and lot of tenacity. It’s important for them to be as knowledgeable about the products and services they offer as it is to be friendly and polite. Gaining favour with complete strangers, after all, is no easy feat!
This is why call centre managers have such important jobs. It’s up to them to properly train their phone agents to not only become experts in world of what they’re selling, but to have sharp over-the-phone skills. It is the combination of salesmanship and being a good people person that is the mark of a successful telemarketer. And boosting sales in your call centre will be the mark of your ability to foster that combination.
Here are five ways to boost sales in your call centre:
1. Ensure that your phone agents become products and services experts. If it’s one thing that would-be customers hate, it is company representatives who sound like they don’t know what they’re talking about. Your team members need to attain specific product knowledge that will give them the confidence to answer any questions that come their way. They should be well equipped with information that will help them to impress the leads they speak to.
2. Ensure that your phone agents have strong knowledge about your customer base. Even when your callers know all about the products and services you offer, it’s not enough if they don’t know a lot about who they’re trying to sell to. It’s important to be able to personalize your interactions so that the people being called feel as if their specific needs are being addressed. Having a good understanding of the target audience will go a long way in being able to make them part of your customer base.
3. Put your customers into calling categories. It’s wise to strategically group your customers into categories so that they can be called for the right campaigns. For example, having restaurant owners placed into one group is a great idea so that when you have a specific campaign that caters to their needs, your phone agents can hone in on particular ways to speak to them. Adapting sales approaches based on the customers is necessary to maximize sales.
4. Learn how to speak to humans. In other words, it’s not enough to simply follow a script. Everyone is different and therefore, not everyone is going to respond to the script in the same way. It’s important to be able to touch upon people’s emotional needs. Your team of callers needs to be equipped with members who are adept at empathizing and communicating in ways that let your leads know they are valued and respected as people.
5. Make your interactions personal. Use the customers’ names throughout the calls. Ask questions to learn more about their businesses, interests, likes and dislikes. Find ways to communicate the benefits of your product or service to meet the specific needs of each of your callers. Remember, that each call is about the customer, not your company. Finding a way to help the life of your lead is the best way to secure a sale.
At SIClytics, we offer Lead DaFeeder which has been called a “call centre manager’s dream”. It is an easy-to-use web-based telemarketing software that allows even the most inexperienced computer users to manage campaign dialing and dispositions. It delivers a feature-rich set of processes that enhances effectiveness, improves customer satisfaction and provides insight into performance. Not to mention, it’s a fantastic way to help boost sales in your call centre!
For more information, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-877-374-6003 or email us at sales@SIClytics.com.