Allow us to answer the question posed by this week’s blog title by confirming the very definition of call tracking. Call tracking is a method of discovering exactly where your leads are coming from. When phone calls are made to your business, it’s important to know what generated those phone calls. Was it your radio spots? Your online banners? Your billboards? Your flyers? Your television commercials? Your print ads? Wouldn’t it be great to know which of your advertising methods is producing the most leads?
With call tracking, you’re able to associate each of your campaigns with unique phone numbers. That way, you’ll be able to track how many calls come from each source. Call tracking is one of the best possible ways to pinpoint your returns on investment (ROI). Especially because Canadian businesses continue to generate so much business over the phone, it’s advantageous to spend marketing money in the areas that will produce the best results.
What makes call tracking so important for Canadian businesses?
According to Andrew Foster on Adster.ca, 70 percent of a Canadian company’s inbound lead sources are generated by phone calls. Web forms and other sources make up the remaining 30 percent. “Even if your website has an online appointment request form, many new customers will make their initial contact over the telephone,” he informs, “Yet remarkably few Canadian businesses are analyzing inbound phone calls to learn more about the performance of their advertising.”
It’s also important to know that many online users will see click-on ads and choose to call the company instead of clicking the ad. On RingDNA.com, Jesse Davis admits that his work experience has proven to him that most of a company’s lead generation takes place over the phone.
“When I worked as an agency marketer, it was common for me to work with clients that were closing 50% or more of their business through inbound calls generated from marketing efforts,” he reveals, “By using call tracking, I could adequately take credit for all of those leads and make smarter advertising decisions as a result.”
What do you miss out on when you’re not utilizing a call tracking service?
Your leads may go missing. Call tracking technology ensures that each and every one of your valuable leads is kept in a data base that will enable you to revisit your phone calls in order to close sales. Davis recalls a time before call tracking was available when his business was missing out on opportunities.
“Without call tracking, leads that call have a tendency to fall into a void,” he writes, “Leads names might get written down on a notepad by a receptionist and subsequently tossed in the trash. I’ve seen it happen. Heck, early in my career, I was even the one writing leads’ names and numbers down on a notepad. Let’s face it, most companies not only fail to log every hot lead, but they also don’t ensure that every qualified lead gets a call back.”
What makes SIClytics’s call tracking services the best?
We have developed a robust system that focuses on analyzing conversion, compliance and functionality. The goal of SIClytics is to bring fortune 500 features and functions to small to medium sized businesses. In short, our call tracking services help to adequately measure your return on investment!
For more information, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-877-374-6003 or email us at sales@SIClytics.com.